A technical model show cum exhibition was organized on October 15, 2011 in the front lawn of Hindustan College of Science & Technology. The models were based on various aspects of Mechanical Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Civil, Environmental, Chemical, Biotech, Electronics & Instrumentation, Electronics & Communication, Electronics & Electrical, Computer Science and Information Technology which included robotic arm, compressed air car, dual fuel vehicle, all terrain vehicle, solar drier and air-heater, shoe battery charger, sterling engine, vinegar battery charger etc. and many more. Students of nearby schools, outside visitors, and the group college students with their parents visited various stalls during this model show and made it successful. The winners were offered a cash prize, certificates and a running trophy.
Engineering disciplines require practical knowledge and awareness. With this view , industrial tours and training form a part of the curriculum at HCST. Students are encouraged to take trips to reputed industries who are leaders in their fields of activities, to expose the students to real life work situations and environment.
The training and placement department also assists the students in arranging practical summer training in reputed industries to get first hand exposure to industrial practices and ways of working.
|Electrical & Electronics||United Breweries||Goa|
|Electrical & Electronics||National Power Training Institute (NPTI)||Faridabad|
|Electrical & Electronics||Goa Milk Dairy||Goa|
|Electrical & Electronics||AD Hydo Power Ltd.(ADPHL)||Manali|
|Mechanical Department||Yamaha Motors||Surajpur|
|Mechanical Department||Mahindra & Mahindra||Pune|
|Mechanical Department||J.K Tyres||Gwalior|
|Automobile Department||Mahindra & Mahindra||Haridwar|
|Automobile Department||Azad Body Coach||Jaipur|
|Automobile Department||NBC Beering||Jaipur|
|Automobile Department||ABC Beering||Dehradun|
|Chemical Department||KiriDyes Pvt. Ltd., Elio chem||Gujrat|
|Chemical Department||National Ferilizers Ltd.||Nangal|
|Chemical Department||Sugar Industry||Kurukshtera|
|Chemical Department||J.P Cement||Dala|
|Chemical Department||Kanojia Oil Mills||Varanasi|
|Chemical Department||ABG Fertilizers||Sonbhadra|
|Chemical Department||Palauni Industries Pvt Ltd.||Vadodara|
|Biotechnology Department||Central research Institute||Kasauli|
|Electronics & Instrumentation||Electronic Srvices & Training Centre (ESTC)||Nanital|
|Computer Science||Infosys System||Chandigarh|
|Information Technology||Infosys System||Chandigarh|
|Environmental Department||Effluent Treatment Plant at Indian Drugs and Pharmaceuticals Ltd(IDPL)||Rishikesh|
|Environmental Department||Bhushan Steel||Chandigarh|
|Environmental Department||76 MLD UASB reactor||Agra|
|Environmental Department||Water Treatment Plant||Agra|
|Environmental Department||Renewable Energy Technologies Fair||New Delhi|
|Environmental Department||Manjhee tea estate||Dharmshala|
|Environmental Department||National Fertilizer Limited||Nangal|
|Civil Department||Rohtang Tunnel||Rohtang|
|Civil Department||Bhakra Nangal Dam||Bilaspur|
|Civil Department||Arch Bridge||Manali|
|29th March, 2012||Opportunities and Avenues of Biotechnology||Dr. Amit Gupta, Phd,
CEO, Hrihar Biotech,
|23rd March, 2012||Understanding and Manipulating Wheat Genome||Dr. Kulvinder S. Gill
(Professor & The Vogel Endowed
Chair in Wheat Breeding and Genetics,
Washington State University, Pullman, USA
|17th March, 2012||Rapid Prototyping in context to Indian Automobile Company||Prof. A.M Kuthe
Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur
|16th March, 2012||Development of Irrigation in Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam||Er. Kaptan Singh
Former Managing Director
U.P Project Corporation Ltd.
Chairman, Suraj Mal Institute of Technology and management, Delhi
|29th February, 2012||Milestones in gene and genome research||Mr. G.S Randhawa,
Department of Biotechnology,
Indian Insitute of Technology, Roorkee
|15th February 2012||Swarm Intelligence and optimization||Dr. Gurusaran Srivastava
Department of Mathematics, Dayalbagh Educational Institute, Agra
|21st Jan. 2012||How to be Successful in academic and Professional life & Milestones in gene and genome research||Mr. G.S Randhawa,
Department of Biotechnology,
Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
|Use of CAD/Cam in recent research oriented programme||Mr. P.K Mohanty
Director, North Zone, Power Trading corporation
- Dr V.C. Kalia, from Institute of Genonmics & Integrathed Biology (CSIR) Delhi delivered a lecture on the topic ”Nano-crystals regulated, Photovoltaic performance of inorganic – organic hybrid cellsHow microbes can be used as resource for generation of Bioenergy (Hydrogen) & other Bioproducts.”
- Mr Vinay Kumar Gupta from Senior Application Engineer Instrumentation Trident Techlabs Pvt Ltd, New Delhi delivered a lecture on the topic ”Lab view & Data Acquisition Cards.”
- Mr Rajesh Kaul, Managing Director, Technisys Engineering Pvt Ltd Faridabad delivered a lecture on the topic ”Automation, Instrumentation & PLC/SCADA”. Students were explained various instrumentation systems used in industry for automation like power sector, paper & pulp industry, refinery, power plants etc.
- Er. R.B. Singh, Executive Engineer Minor Irrigation Agra delivered a lecture on Design of Check Dam In the lecture Er. R.B. Singh explained about the water Resources of India and need for utilization of surface water for Irrigation and ground water recharge with the help of construction of check dams on small river and streams. The design was based on the Principal of design for vertical Drop weir.
- Mr. V.K. Upadhyay, Senior Geophysist Ground Water Department Agra delivered a lecture in the department of Civil Engg. In that he explained about Geophysical Survey for investigation of Underground Strata, including ground water, resistivity method. By this method we know the thickness, depth and type of underground soil strata. Also we can know the depth of underground water strata as well as its quality. The lecture was useful for Civil Engineering students as it was also a part of their syllabus under Geotechnical Engineering and water Resources Engineering.
- Mr Sangram Mohanty from Mitsu CAD CAM Solution Pvt Ltd Faridabad delivered a lecture in the department of Mechanical Engineering on the topic “Application of CAD/CAM Solutions in Industry” .
- Dr Pulak M. Pandey, Associate Professor from IIT Delhi delivered a lecture in the department of Mechanical Engineering on the topic “Effect of abrasive water Jet Nozzle Position on coating Removal rate”.
- Dr A.K. Sharma, Dean Faculty of Engineering and Technology, YMCC Faridabad delivered a lecture in CSE Department on “Data Structure” .
- Mr Rohit Bansal, Sr Programmer from Reppify Technology delivered a lecture in CSE department on “Reppify Technology” .
- Mr Arjit Home from Fiserv (Financial Services Technology) USA delivered a lecture in IT department on the topic “Current Trends in IT”.
- Prof. P.M Pandey, IIT, Delhi, delivered a lecture in Mechanical Department on the topic” Ultrasonic assisted magnetic abressive finishing process”
- Mr. Anil Patni, Deputy General Manager, Tata BP Solar India Ltd delivered a lecture in Electrical & Electronics on the topic “ Solar Energy and Applications”
- Mr. R.S Sharma, Ex- Chairman & Managing Director, NTPC delivered a lecture in Electrical & Electronics on the topic “ Thermal power engineering and career prospects”
- Mr. B.P Soni, General Manager Marketing, Siemens Ltd, India (Energy Sector) delivered a lecturer on the topic “Trends and Development of T&D”