About the Course
Today Computers have not only assumed strategic importance in the corporate world, they are also being effectively used in almost every field of human endeavor, ranging from space exploration to food processing and banking to communication etc. Presence of some of the best known IT Multinationals like IBM, HP. Microsoft, Dell, Cisco, SUN, Oracle, Google, Motorola, Yahoo, etc. have made possible transfer of hardware & software technology in the country.
The Six main sectors in this field are:-
Hardware & Networking
- This includes the physical elements of the computer system and deals with the designing, manufacturing and maintenance of computers. This area also includes the assembling of the manufactured components of the computers.
- Installing & integrating computer systems on one or at many locations over Networks for better connectivity among businesses.
- Computer Science Degrees – Computer Science Degree prepares students towards different aspects about management and maintenance of computer systems. The first years of the degree course are designed to provide a basic understanding of the overall construction of computer systems, knowledge of various programming languages and algorithms, and a general introduction to software engineering.
- Information Technology Degrees – Information Technology is the backbone of most businesses today. As businesses go global they get complex in nature and that’s where information technology comes in to make the business transactions flow quickly and in a simpler mechanism. As information technology starts playing an important role in every sector, the need for competent and learned professionals will also rise. Most universities offer Bachelor’s degrees programs in Information Technology. Some universities also offer short-term certificate programs for working professionals who want to upgrade their skills set in Information technology area. These courses equip the students with all the necessary skill that would be required to join a start up or medium size Information Technology organization. This will also ensure that students learn entrepreneurial skills and are able to start their own enterprises.
Software Engineering & Development
- This includes the set of instructions by which a computer is programmed for working and performing of specified tasks.
- Programs may be for controlling the functioning of the computers or they may also be some user-friendly programs for specific needs.
- Custom made programs & solutions for special applications are also needed on a huge scale.
Services & Application Support
- Systems integration & applications management.
- Networking & data base management.
- Installation & maintenance of software applications.
Business Development & Customer Relationship Mgt. (CRM)
- In IT, these are akin to the Sales & Marketing activities.
- As Software solution providing is essentially a consulting discipline the marketing is highly technical & termed Business Development.
Research and Development
- It involves designing of chips and circuits, computer architecture and integration of peripherals.
- It also includes improvement and upgrading of the existing systems, software & applications.
I.T. & Infrastructure Management
- Managers ensure that the development and operations work goes on smoothly.
- They look after the allocation of resources and planning. MBA+IT qualifications (like BCA/MBA-BBA/MCA; B. Tech (CS or IT) + MBA) are much sought after in this segment.
XII with : 1. Phy + Maths + (Chem. / Comp. Sc./Bio) with Min. 50% OR 50% with qualified rank in UPSEE-18. FOR B. Tech. Bio Tech- (Phy. + Math + Chem.) / Comp. OR PCB with Min.50% OR 50% with Qualified UPSEE-18 Rank.
Direct Admission : 1. Rank in UPSEE-18 Phy + Maths + (Chem. / Comp. Sc./Bio) with Min. 50% OR 50% with qualified rank in OR
2. Diploma in Engg. With at least 60% or B. Sc (with Maths) with at least 60%.
Career options in Information Technology are :
Typical career path scenarios for IT professional are :
Career Path 1: Designing and implementing software-
- This refers to the software development which has grown to include aspects of web development, interface design, security issues, mobile computing, and so on.
- This is the career path that the majority of computer science graduates follow.
- While a bachelor’s degree is generally sufficient for entry into this kind of career, many software professionals return to school to obtain a terminal master’s degree. (Rarely is a doctorate involved.)
Career Path 2: Devising new ways to use computers-
- This refers to innovation in the application of computer technology.
- A career path in this area can involve advanced graduate work, followed by a position in a research university or industrial research and development laboratory
- It can involve entrepreneurial activity such as was evident during the dot-com boom of the 1990s or it can involve a combination of the two.
Career Path 3: Developing effective ways to solve computing problems-
- This refers to the application or development of computer science theory and knowledge of algorithms to ensure the best possible solutions for computationally intensive problems.
- As a practical matter, a career path in the development of new computer science theory typically requires graduate work to the Ph.D. level, followed by a position in a research university or an industrial research and development laboratory.
Career Path 4: Planning and managing organizational technology infrastructure-
- This is the type of work for which the new information technology (IT) programs explicitly aim to educate students.
Career paths 2 and 3 are undeniably in the domain of computer science graduates. Career paths 1 and 4 have spawned the new majors in software engineering and information technology, respectively, and information systems graduates often follow Career path 1, too Computer scientists continue to fill these positions, but programs in software engineering, information technology, and information systems offer alternative paths to these careers.
HCST Facilities for IT
- Superior Labs & computing facilities.
- State of the art infrastructure.
- More than 1800 nodes.
Softwares available are as follows :
|Microsoft Exchange Server 2007||Visual J# 2005 Express Edition|
|MS Server Std. Ed. 2003||Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition|
|Windows CE. Net 5.0||Windows XP Professional– SP2|
|Visual Foxpro 9.0 SP1||Windows Vista|
|Rational Rose – Enterprise Edition.||Windows Vista Ultimate Edition|
|Windows 2000 Prof. SP4||Windows Server 2003|
|Windows 3.1 WGP||Windows Server 2003 Web Ed.|
|MS Windows 2003/XP/XPP||Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition|
|Oracle 8i/10g||Windows Server 2003 Std. Ed.|
|MS Exchange Server 2000 MS Visual Studio 6.0||Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition|
|MS Office Project Pro 2007||Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition|
|Norton Antivirus 10.1 (Corporate Edition)||ISA Server 2004, 2006|
|Visual Studio 2006||SQL Server 2005 Std. Ed. SP1|
|Visual Studio 2005||Code Composer Studio DSK|