About the Course:
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering is an exciting and dynamic field.
- Electrical engineering is the application of the laws of physics governing electricity, magnetism, and light to develop products and services as well as equipment operated by electrical power and numerous other components required for such generation, transmission, distribution and use for the overall benefit of humankind.
- Electrical engineers deal with the power generation, transmission, conversion, distribution and use of electrical power and related control and instrumentation applications, while electronic engineers transfer the information using radio waves, the design of electronic circuits, the design of computer systems and the development of control systems such as aircraft autopilots etc.
- Electrical engineers work, plan and create the infrastructure for electrical energy and related equipment and instruments such as generators, transmission lines, transformers and power distribution switch gears
- It also helps in designing end use devices such as electric motors, machinery and ignition systems used in Industry, Traction, Automobiles, Aircrafts or any motorized equipment or vehicles
- It is a professional discipline that also needs knowledge about application of electronics and electromagnetism and thus electronics & electrical engineering studied together enhance the scope of application
This branch offers exciting job opportunities for students in the rapidly evolving fields of information and communication technology, controls and switch gears, control systems besides the latest advances in the more traditional areas of power, generation, control and electromagnetism. So electrical & electronics engineering deals with the problems associated with large-scale electrical systems such as power transmission and motor control, generation and distribution.
XII with : 1. Phy + Maths + (Chem. / Comp. Sc./Bio) with Min. 60% OR 60% with qualified rank in UPSEE-15. FOR B. Tech. Bio Tech- PM + Chm. / Comp. OR PCB with Min.60% OR 60% with Qualified UPSEE-15 Rank
1. Rank in UPSEE-15 Phy + Maths + (Chem. / Comp. Sc./Bio) with Min. 60%
2. Diploma in Engg. With at least 60% or B. Sc (with Maths) with at least 60%
- Electrical & Electronics engineers are instrumental in revolutionizing the lives of modern man & are required in almost all industries as no industry works without power.
- They are required by the industries in large numbers such as manufacturing, household and office appliances like refrigerators, television, computer, microwaves ovens, fans, motors, consumer durables, etc.
- In our age of satellite transmitted television and transcontinental computer networks, these engineers are high in demand.
- Electrical & Electronics engineers also find employment in nuclear power plants, hydroelectric power plants as well as thermal power plants or wherever electricity is generated, transmitted, distributed or used e.g. cement, steel, chemical industries etc
- Freshers can get a starting salary of minimum Rs. 2.2 Lakh p.a. to Rs. 4.5 Lakh p.a. excluding other allowances.
- With more experience or as an established independent consultant one could earn more. Senior engineers can earn anywhere in between Rs. 6 Lakh p.a. and Rs. 12 Lakh p. a
- Those at senior management levels can earn well above Rs. 12 Lakh. p. a and in MNC’s, these earnings could be more than twice as mentioned above.
- With more experience or as an established independent consultant one could earn more. Senior engineers can earn anywhere in between Rs. 6 l Lakh p.a. and Rs. 12 l Lakh p.a
- Those at senior management levels can earn well above Rs. 12 Lakh. p.a. and in MNC’s, these earnings could be more than twice as mentioned above.
Typical career path scenarios for Electrical & Electronics Engineering are as follows:
Electrical and electronics engineer can start their career in a company with a job responsibility including drawings and specification, design, development, and implementation of products or systems, as well as research to create prototypes of new products and usages.
With the huge investments flowing into the power generation and distribution and the generation capacity, scheduled to quadruple over the next decade; huge job opportunities are in the pipeline in power generation, distribution, transmission fields as well as related equipment manufacture.
The other fields of consumer durables, appliances, motors, generator, transformers, controls & switchgear, etc. is also witnessing good growth and with the growth of industrial sector, electric traction, metro railways, power generation & distribution plants & grids, the electrical & electronics engineering students are in huge demand.
Lab facilities for EE at HCST