- EC Engineering (Electronics & Communication Engineering), is a merger of two basic branches viz., Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering is one of the largest and fastest growing sector of industry.
- It covers a wide range of applications we daily require and which make our lives easier and enjoyable such as Television, Radio, Computers, Telecommunication, Mobiles, etc.
- They help us to see, hear and communicate over vast distances, supervise production and manufacturing processes and oversee installation and maintenance of computers, peripherals and components.
- Electronics engineers work with devices that use extremely small amounts of power. They work with microprocessors, fiber optics, Solar System and in telecommunication, television, radio etc.
- Electronics engineering is a constantly changing and widening branch of the engineering profession.
- A merger of Telecommunication Engineering very substantially enhances the employability domain of these engineers as they become more suited for Telecom; hardware and Networking, applications of all kinds, embedded system applications and Mobile Computing software applications and several hi-tech growth allied areas such as VLSI Design and fabrication and Mobile Computing and software development etc with some added specialization.
Electronics engineering is a constantly changing and widening branch of the engineering profession. Electronics industry being a labour intensive industry provides many job opportunities for the skilled job seekers. Increased production and demand by government and businesses for communication equipment, computers and military electronics along with consumer demand and increased research and development on robots and other types of automation contributes to the growth of employment opportunities in the field.
XII with : 1. Phy + Maths + (Chem. / Comp. Sc./Bio) with Min. 60% OR 60% with qualified rank in UPSEE-15. FOR B. Tech. Bio Tech- PM + Chm. / Comp. OR PCB with Min.60% OR 60% with QualifiedUPSEE-15 Rank.
1. Rank in UPSEE-15 Phy + Maths + (Chem. / Comp. Sc./Bio) with Min. 60%
2. Diploma in Engg. With at least 60% or B. Sc (with Maths) with at least 60%.
These engineers get job in central government, state governments and their sponsored corporations in public sector and in all wings of armed forces and also the private organizations. e.g :
They are also absorbed into the entertainment, consumer electronics, consumer durables, transmission industry, research establishments, and specialized defense products like signaling equipments, radar control equipments. Also biggest employment opportunities for EC Engineer are in the new computer related fields related to hardware & components and Networking and in the Telecom Sector. There are high end opportunities as well as middle segment opportunities. In fact India has emerged as a world class VLSI / Embedded System/digital signal processing design Center & EC engineers of high caliber can find jobs with entry level packages of Rs. 4.5 l.p.a. to Rs. 6.5 l.p.a. (with added specialization) with several MNCs operating in India. Similarly mobile computing, hardware & mobile networking, etc. are other lucrative and high growth areas.
Typical career path scenarios for Electronic & Communication Engineering are:
- An Electronic Engineer can start his/her career in Government departments by entry from Assistant Engineer posts by direct central recruitment through advertisements in newspapers.
- They can also be Selection to Gazette posts through the competitive examinations conducted by Union and State Public Service Commission.
- In the Defense Services, young engineers start as Second Lieutenants or equivalent cadres after getting selected through Indian Army, Indian Air Force, Indian Navy. All the three wings visit SGI campuses for recruitment of EC engineers.
- Similarly, there are vacancies in the private and public sector like ECIL, BEL, Central Electronics Ltd., Indian Railways, Atomic Energy Commission, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited, Ministry of Civil Aviation, and other electronics, Campaniles.
- They can even start their own small businesses by manufacturing Electronic circuits and devices as like audio system, Measuring instruments and medical equipments etc.