Automobile Engineering department offers 4 years degree programme in Bachelor’s of Technology in Automobile Engineering that started in 2007. The syllabus & the course structure are as prescribed by U.P. Technical University. The intake capacity of the programme is 120 students, approved by AICTE. Presently the U.P. Technical University admits students in this programme through the U.P. State Entrance Examination (UPSEE). 15% of the seats allotted are to be filled by the management on merit basis. The diploma holders with 1st division marks are admitted directly in 3rd semester under the lateral entry provisions of 10% intake, with the approval of director of technical education U.P.
The department has well qualified faculty, technical support staff, adequate and well furnished class rooms, digital and audio visual facilities. The laboratories are well equipped with latest technical facilities / equipment for imparting quality education to the students admitted in this programme. To improve and enhance the skills of automobile profession among the students, the department has various clubs (mentioned below) that registers enthusiastic student’s participation.
- SAE HCST Chapter – To enhance their professional skill and encourage participation in various SAE events e.g. BAJA race, Supra SAEINDIA etc.
- GATE, CAT, CADD (AutoCAD, Pro-e, CATIA & Solid works) clubs– To enhance the professional skills and thereby give a boost to competitive career of the students.
XII with : 1. Phy + Maths + (Chem. / Comp. Sc./Bio) with Min. 60% OR 60% with qualified rank in UPSEE-15., FOR B. Tech. Bio Tech- PM + Chm. / Comp. OR PCB with Min.60% OR 60% with Qualified UPSEE-15 Rank
1. Rank in UPSEE-15 Phy + Maths + (Chem. / Comp. Sc./Bio) with Min. 60%
2. Diploma in Engg. With at least 60% or B. Sc (with Maths) with at least 60%
Employment opportunities for Automobile Engineering lies in Automobile manufacturing Industry, in maintenance and service station, private transport companies and Defense Service.
Self-employment is an attractive option and is possible by setting up automobile garages or maintenance workshops. With Indian economy growing at a healthy pace, income is increasing & demand for Automobiles & other transport vehicles are sustained & growing.
India is now not only amongst largest Automobile markets in the world but is also emerging as the hub of Automobile and auto components manufacturing with almost all the leading International names setting up manufacturing & marketing facilities in India & several car projects for worldwide sale are in the process of establishment .
The Automobile engineering students therefore have ample opportunities ahead for decent career & employment.
This field offers a wide range of opportunities for the aspirants and it also include automobile manufacturing industries, production plants, service stations, state road transport corporations, private transport companies, insurance companies, motor vehicle departments etc.
With the computer knowledge in CAD (Computer Aided design), CAM (Automation), ERP, Automobile engineers can find employment in computer aided industries as designers or they can even design models of vehicles by joining the Research and Development wing of companies. Diploma holders in Automobile engineering can start their own business enterprise like automobile maintenance workshop or automobile garages. Automobile maintenance Engineers are offered the post of general supervision of mechanics in a workshop, factory or garage. B. Tech holders in automobile engineering with an MBA degree could reach the frontline in marketing management careers.
Typical career path scenarios for Automobile Engineering are :
- Automobile Engineers could work in both private and public sector industries on various posts such as Production Engineers, Works Engineer, Maintenance, Production Planning & Control, Quality Control & Assurance, testing, research, development and design, technical Sales & Marketing, service, erection and commissioning and several more.
- Automobile engineers are also required in chemical, electronics, steel plants, oil exploration and refining.
- Process Industries technical wings of armed forces, space research organization, etc. Several government departments including Posts and Telegraphs, Defense, PWD, and CPWD employ mechanical engineers
- Aeronautical, agricultural, automobile, chemical, and power plants, as well as the railways, need mechanical engineers to design and maintain their machinery
- Auto Fuel and Lubricants Lab.
- Automotive Pollution and Control Lab.
- Advance I.C. Engine Testing and Automobile Engineering Lab.
- CADD/ CAM Lab.