The department endeavors to produce competent Electrical Engineering professionals who develop leadership qualities and be responsible to society and environment. The department strives to achieve excellence and be one of the Best in the country and globally competitive.
The department will induct best faculty and students and follow good pedagogy relevant to Electrical & Electronics disciplines. It will develop interaction with industry and get exposed to global research and technological developments. The department will provide conducive and transparent environment for overall progress and well being of students and faculty.
Programme Educational Objectives
- To educate students in mathematical, scientific, electrical and electronics engineering concepts necessary to formulate, analyze and solve engineering problems faced by the society.
- To prepare students to communicate effectively, work harmoniously in teams with professional ethics and learn to adopt an integrated approach to problems in the field of electrical and electronics engineering by using latest and advanced technology tools.
- To prepare students to have a broad understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply the acquired knowledge in solving complex and multidisciplinary engineering problems.
- To equip students with the knowledge to design and develop engineering solutions to the problems faced by society for its sustainable development with the help of technologies.
- To inculcate the ability among the students to explore and learn by themselves, the changes taking place continuously in the field of engineering and technology as part of the lifelong learning process.
Electrical & Electronics Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Apply Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Analyze Problems: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/develop solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations on complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Use Modern tools: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- Contribute to society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Develop a Sustainable Environment: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Be Ethical: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice.
- Be collaborative leaders: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communicate well: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Manage projects & their economics: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Be Life-long learners: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.