CSR initiatives of SHARDA GROUP is all about the deep concern & commitment of SHARDA to behave as good corporate citizens ethically and to contribute towards the economic, social and environmental development of the areas in our surroundings.
SUPPORTING THE SOCIAL CAUSE
• Local community and society around SHARDA are in focus.
• To carry out R & D projects for rural development etc.
• To develop and implement business processes first for the group (Non-Profit Organization) and then help other NPOs to create similar processes to carry out their work effectively.
• To achieve 50 direct and more than 100 indirect points of CSR in AKTU’s Academic Excellence Model.
• Establishing SHARDA as a unique brand which stands for all round development of students including the strong sense of ethics and concern for society at large.
• Educating village students by organizing regular study camps conducted by our students.
• Health awareness and free health check-up camps.
• Free medication, consultation and low cost surgery at Sharda Hospital.
• Employment training and counseling of village youth in Agra and Mathura region, without financial fee charges through its NGO’s “Sambhavana” and college staff in spare time.
• Tree plantation & “Swachh Bharat Campaigns” currently in operation.
• Establishment of potable drinking water plants in Farah and other villages.
- Career counseling, mentoring & guidance to students of Class XI & XII of Agra, Mathura and surrounding region schools. (for more details visit www.scp.shardagroup.org)
- To provide a common platform for the school principal and faculty to meet and training on psychological career counseling of students.
- Open Day : Live Counseling and campus tour in Sharda campuses.
- Virtual Platform for students where they can test their intelligence, social and psychological needs, skills and technical know how.
- Awarding and recognizing meritorious school teachers .
# Dindayal Dham Initiative :
- To develop villages under SHARDA commitment for this cause.
- Providing low cost solutions to villages regarding social, economical and environmental problems.
# SHARDA’S R&D initiatives for Rural Development-Around 15 projects, to name a few :
- Creation of Solar cell using cheap energy sources such as Industrial dyes etc.
- Design and development of Polymer filled Concrete.
- PCR based detection of Mastitis pathogens directly from milk samples.
- Process parameter optimization for the alcoholic fermentation of potato.
- Blood bank Information system.
# Two environment clubs Pehal and Prakriti in operation :
- Organizing environmental and social awareness through informal initiatives, Pad-Yatras, Nukkad Nataks.
- Organizing GREEN-OLYMPIAD and Tree Plantation drives.
- Water Harvesting, Waste Management etc.
# Mitra Microfinance :
- Group and individual level economic development.
- Educating the poor community, club members and students about microfinance and its benefits.
- Implementation of microfinance initiatives and future possibilities in the field.
# Education Beyond Boundary (EBB) :
- To teach students from underprivileged areas.
- Free career counseling, scholarships etc.