Let's win together
Please feel free to contact us. We will get back to you with 1-2 business days. Or just call us now.
Welcome to Mechanical Engineering Department
Mechanical is an engineering discipline that involves the application of principles of physics for analysis, design, manufacturing, and maintenance of mechanical systems. It requires a solid understanding of core concepts including mechanics, kinematics, thermodynamics,energy and fluid mechanics. Mechanical engineers use the core principles as well as other knowledge in the field to design and analyze motor vehicles, aircraft, heating and cooling systems, watercraft, manufacturing plants, industrial equipment and machinery, robotics, medical devices and more.
- To deliver quality technical education and entrepreneurial skills required to meet the dynamic and global challenges of the industry.
- To promote knowledge-based society through concurrent teaching, ethical and moral practices to pursue research activities.
- To impart collaborative learning practices for cutting-edge technologies.
- Apply knowledge of engineering, critical thinking and problem-solving skills in professional engineering or in allied areas or in entrepreneurship.
- Promote themselves towards intellectual development for research by pursuing higher education or courses for professional development.
- Uphold leadership roles in their careers.
- Continuously develop innovative ideas for social upliftment and become successful entrepreneurs.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and teamwork: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
|1||Exhibit their knowledge for problem identification and their respective solutions in the field of Design, Manufacturing, and Thermal Engineering.|
|2||Innovate, develop and apply scientific concepts, practical skills and advance tools in various fields of Mechanical Engineering.|
Year of Establishment: The department was established in the year 1996 with a vision to create qualified human resources required to meet the demanding challenges in core sector and in different emerging fields and allied sciences. Our mission is to deliver and impart quality technical education, impart necessary skills required to meet the dynamic and global challenges of the industry, establish knowledge based society through concurrent teaching practices and create an environment to pursue research activities.
Accreditation: NBA in the year 2003.
Courses Offered: 4 years B.Tech Program in Mechanical Engineering and 2 years M.Tech Program in Mechanical Engineering.
Approved Intake: 120 students for B.Tech Program and 18 students for M.Tech Program.
Faculty:16 talented and dedicated faculty members from reputed institutions of repute like IIT, NIT, DEI, etc., having rich academic, research and industrial experience.
Continuous efforts are made to build top of the line faculty members through appropriate services and proper trainings.
The department has excellent ambience and infrastructure. It provides a proper mix of academics and industrial exposure to the students. Along with this it also provides opportunities for research work.
Unique features of the department:
- It emphasizes on industry based educational practices.
- Strong bonding between students and faculty members
- Excellent retention ratio
- All Faculty members are PG or Doctorate
- Department provides training and guidance to students through various value added and skill development courses as per the requirements of industry.
We have established an exclusive research cell in the department in which faculty member and students work on different research fields. For this we have also installed an EDM machine along with different modelling and analysis software facilities, 3D Printer, CNC Machines (both production and table top lathe and milling machines).
- Department has well equipped labs such as Manufacturing Science Lab, Heat and Mass Transfer Lab, Theory of Machines Lab, Fluid Machinery Lab, CAD-CAM Lab, Engineering Graphics Lab, Engineering Mechanics Lab, Workshop Technology Lab, Measurement and Metrology Lab, I-C engine lab, RAC lab, etc.
- Every class room and seminar hall is well equipped with audio and visual aids like LCD projector, CPU, PA system, etc.
Departmental Library: Department has established a separate library for students with 475 books on various subjects of Mechanical Engineering in the premises of the Department, other than this a huge central library of the college.
Mechanical is an engineering discipline that involves the application of principles of physics for analysis, design, manufacturing, and maintenance of systems of mechanical nature. It requires a solid understanding of core concepts including mechanics, kinematics, thermodynamics, and fluid mechanics. Mechanical engineers use the core principles as well as other knowledge in the field to design and analysis of motor vehicles, aircraft, heating and cooling systems, watercraft, manufacturing plants, industrial equipment and machinery, robotics, medical devices and more.
- Mechanical Engineering is a core branch of engineering and thus finds extensive applications in all fields of engineering and technology.
- With the rapid rate of expansion in the industrial sector as the Indian economy grows at a healthy rate, the employment potential for mechanical engineers is very high.
- Mechanical Engineers could work in many industries including private or public sector industries of various types and in various functions as Production Engineers, Works Engineer, Maintenance, Production Planning & Control, Quality Control & Assurance, Testing, Research, Development and Design, Technical Sales & Marketing, Service, Erection and Commissioning and several more.
- The need for Mechanical Engineers exists across almost all industry segments like Mechanical equipment and machines and tools; components like bearings, gears etc. consumer durables and white goods, aerospace, ship building and any conceivable product having parts and components. Mechanical engineers are also required in automobile, chemical, electronics, steel plants, oil exploration and refining, technical wings of armed forces, space research organization, etc.
- Further outsourced CAD / PROJECT PREPARATION / IT Applications and Software Development work related to Mechanical Engineering Industry segment absorb sizable number of Mechanical Engineers.
The sub disciplines of mechanical engineering are:
- Mechanics having composed of statics, dynamics, mechanics of materials, fluid mechanics and continuum mechanics.
- Kinematics which is a study of the motion of bodies (objects) and systems (group of objects), while ignoring the forces that cause the motion.
- Mechatronics is an interdisciplinary branch of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and software engineering that is concerned with integrating electrical and mechanical engineering to create hybrid systems.
- Robotics is the application of mechatronics to create robots, which are often used in industry to perform tasks that are dangerous, unpleasant, or repetitive.
- Structural analysis is the branch of mechanical engineering (and also civil engineering) devoted to examine why and how objects fail. Structural failures occur in two general modes: static failure, and fatigue failure.
- Thermodynamics is an applied science used in several branches of engineering, including mechanical and chemical engineering. At its simplest, thermodynamics is the study of heat energy and its use and transformation through a system.
- Drafting or technical drawing is the means by which mechanical engineers create instructions for manufacturing parts.
- Thermal Engineering. Application in Power plant, Process industries.
- Aerodynamic finds application in Aerospace Industries.
The Mechanical Engineering Department of HCST has a reputation of being among the finest in the state and is dedicated towards the advancement of technology and science. The department was established in 1996 with the objective of imparting quality education in the core field of Mechanical Engineering. The students’ intake in the department in the year 1999 was 30 and subsequently increased to 60 in the year 2001, 120 in the year 2006 and 180 in the year 2012. The aim of the department is to create knowledge, disseminate knowledge and to provide service to the society. The department runs many technical hobby clubs for skill development of the students. These include the SAE-HCST Collegiate Club, ME-Design Club, Material Science and Testing Club. Students working in SAE-HCST Collegiate Club participate in a number of National and International events (BAJA, Efficycle, SUPRA etc.) and bring laurels to the department. We have many state-of-the-art research facilities viz., for industrial purpose VMC, Variable Compression ratio engine, Bottom loaded programmable furnace with assisted automatic stirring arrangement, Computerized Universal Testing Machine, Hardness Testing Machines etc., to support our academic programs and research.
DR. PUNEET MANGLA
HOD, Mechanical Engineering Department
Faculty and Staff
B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering). It is a 4 years program in which students are taught and trained as per the requirements of industry so that they can cater the core sector and work towards the development of nation.
M.Tech (Mechanical Engineering). It is a 2 years Program in which the students are focused towards research work and the major emphasis is on their project work.
MTAB COMPUTER NUMERICAL CONTROL MACHINE
This is a foot print CNC machine with an optional station tool changer. The machine is constructed on CI bed with precision grounded ball screws and LM guide ways in all axes. It can be integrated and interfaced with robots, automatic storage and retrieval system, linear conveyor, FMS & CIM systems.
AUTO ADOBE 3D PRINTER
Auto Bed Leveling or auto Axis Calibration is a standard amongst all versions of autoABode’s 3D Printer. Machine has a number of characteristic. For 3D printers without a doubt it is Bed Levelling. To preface, The Bed is the base on which your object is printed as logic dictates…
Electrical discharge machine (EDM), is a manufacturing process whereby a desired shape is obtained by using electrical discharges, Material is removed from the work piece by a series of rapidly recurring current discharges between two electrodes.
CNC TRAINER MACHINE
This CNC trainer machine, with an optional 6 station automatic tool changer, is the ideal for educational institution for training. The machine can offer emulated control. Accessories include a loading and unloading device, auto door and hydro-pneumatic vice. It offers machining with highly appreciated manner due to its best quality. It is used in Industry: to turn Instruments, Electronic Connector, Medical Apparatus etc. Studying: To study the construction and working of CNC Slant Bed Lathe; To practice programming; To try programming and turning sample piece to train personnel for programming.
- WORKSHOP LAB
- AUTOMOBILE ENGINEERING LAB
- I C ENGINE LAB
- MATERIAL TESTING LAB
- REFRIGERATION AND AIR-CONDITIONER LAB
- FLUID MACHINES LAB
- THEORY OF MACHINES LAB
- MEASUREMENT & METROLOGY LAB
- METAL CUTTING LAB
- HEAT & MASS TRANSFER LAB
- FLUID MECHANICS LAB
- ENGINEERING MECHANICS LAB
- THERMODYNAMICS LAB
Class Rooms at hcst are spacious, airy and well ventilated. They are designed in a manner that even when there is a power failure, the student and the teacher will not feel any type of discomfort as the flow of natural light will provide enough light to continue with their teaching activities. The furniture is designed keeping in view the comfort and the necessities of the students. The class rooms are equipped with modern teaching aids such as Over Head Projector, LCD projector, Magnetic Boards, Power Presentation Techniques (PPT), Public Address System etc.
|S No.||Faculty Name||Achievement Type||Description|
|1||Mr. Puneet Mangla||Awards||Received “Shreshtha Shikshak Puruskar” for year 2009-10 by SGI.|
|Awards||Received “Gold Medal Production Engineering Divisional award” for paper published in journal of Institution of Engineers.|
|Awards||Received “Silver Medal in National Taekwon-do championship.|
|Journals (SCI/SCOPUS)||1. Title : “Analysis of various Ergonomic Hazards of Indian workers.” Paper published in Int. J. of Advances in Engineering Science and Technology, Vol. 05, Issue 1, 2016, 28-32.|
|Journals (SCI/SCOPUS)||2. Title : “Inventory Management Performance In MSMEs : What Factors Do Influence Them?” Paper published in Int. J. of Advance Manufacturing System, Volume 15, Issue 2, Year 2015 (Part 5) (A Journal of Int. Society of Productivity Enhancement, USA).|
|Journals (SCI/SCOPUS)||3. Title : “Factors Influencing the Information Technology Adoption of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) : An Empirical Study.” Paper published in Int. J. of Advance Manufacturing System, Volume 15, Issue 2, Year 2015 (Part 11) (A Journal of Int. Society of Productivity Enhancement, USA).|
|Journals (SCI/SCOPUS)||4. Title : “Impact Analysis of MINI BAJA Vehicle Role Cage using Finite Element Analysis.”|
|Journals (SCI/SCOPUS)||Paper published in Int. J. of Applied Engineering Research, Vol. 6, Number 23-24 (2011), pp. 2595-2600. November 2011.|
|Journals (SCI/SCOPUS)||Title: “Group Technology Cell Formation with Competitive Nets and Kohonen Maps.” Paper published in National Journal of Computer Society of India. December 1997.|
|Journals (SCI/SCOPUS)||Title: “Cutting Force Estimation with Artificial Neural Network Models.”|
|2||Dr. Sandeep Agrawal||Journals (SCI/SCOPUS)||Sandeep Agrawal ,K.K.Singh , P.K.Sarkar , Comparative investigation on the wear and friction behaviors of carbon fiber reinforced polymer composites under dry sliding, oil lubrication and inert gas environment, Materials Today: Proceedings 5(1), 1250-1256, (2018) Elsevier (SCOPUS) (Citation 2).|
|Journals (SCI/SCOPUS)||Sandeep Agrawal , K.K.Singh , P.K.Sarkar , A comparative study of wear and friction characteristics of glass fibre reinforced epoxy resin, sliding under dry,oil-lubricated and inert gas environments, Tribology International 96 (2016) 217–224 Elsevier, (Thomson Reuters Impact factor: 2.257) (Citation 25).|
|Journals (SCI/SCOPUS)||Sandeep Agrawal, Kalyan Kumar Singh, PK Sarkar.  Impact damage on fibre-reinforced polymer matrix composite – A review. Journal of Composite Materials .Editor-in-Chief: Prof H. Thomas Hahn, UCLA, USA, (SAGE Journals)(Thomson Reuters Impact factor: 1.257)(Citation 101).|
|Journals (SCI/SCOPUS)||Nishant Singh, Sandeep Agrawal, Dilip johari, Yashvir Singh, Predictive analysis of surface roughness in argon-assisted EDM using semiempirical and ANN techniques. SN Applied Sciences A Springer Nature journal (2019) 1:995 ISSN: 2523-3971|
|Journals (SCI/SCOPUS)||Nishant Kumar Singh, Sandeep Agrawal, , Experimental investigation of process parameters in nitrogen assisted EDM of En 19 steel. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research ISSN 0973-4562 13, 165-169 (SCOPUS).|
|Journals (SCI/SCOPUS)||Nishant Kumar Singh, Sandeep Agrawal, , Rajvardhan. Experimental Study and Parameter Optimization of Hybrid Electrical Discharge Machining. International Journal of Engineering &Technology 7, 1161-1167 (SCOPUS).|
|Journals (SCI/SCOPUS)||Anurag bajpai, Sandeep Agrawal, Suruchi. Mechanical Properties of Epoxy Resin Based Polymer Concrete, International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology (IJMET), ISSN 0976 –6340(Print), ISSN 0976 – 6359(Online) Volume 3, Issue 1, January- April (2012), pp. 267-276 Journal Impact Factor (2011): 1.2083 (Calculated by GISI).|
|3||Mr. Kapil Gupta||Journals (SCI/SCOPUS)||K. Gupta, Rahul Chhibber, “Mechanical Properties of Bimetallic Weld” in the Proc. Of National Conference on Emerging Vistas of Mechanical engineering (EVME-2011) held on 04-05 April, 2011 at Anand Engineering College, Agra.|
|Journals (SCI/SCOPUS)||K. Gupta, Rahul Chhibber, B.K. Dutta , “Structural health monitoring of bimetallic welds at elevated temperature”, , Proc of 21st International Conference on Structural Mechanics in Reactor Technology (SMiRT 21), New Delhi, , 2011,pp.2581-2589|
|Journals (SCI/SCOPUS)||K. Gupta, Rahul Chhibber “Structural Integrity of Bimetallic weld at elevated temperature” in International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology. Volume 3, Issue 1, January- April (2012), pp. 235-243|
|4||Mr. Anand Poras||Journals (SCI/SCOPUS)||“Electrical Discharge Drilling of D3 Die Steel using Air Assisted Rotary Tubular Electrode”, Materials Today: proceedings Elsevier, Volume 5, Issue 2, Part 1, 2018, Page No 4392-4401.|
|Journals (SCI/SCOPUS)||“Comparison of Gas Assisted Hybrid EDM, Rotary EDM and Conventional EDM Processing of High Carbon High Chromium Die Steel” International Journal of Engineering & Technology, Volume 7, No 3.12 (2018), Page No 1154-1160|
|Journals (SCI/SCOPUS)||Trainer – Rubber Technologist, (Rubber Skill Development Council)|
|5||Mr. Ashok Kumar Verma||Awards||Best teacher Award 2008-09 of Sharda group of institutions.|
|Awards||Won the First Prize for best article in “Shivaji University Inter-Collage Annual magazine Competition”|
|Awards||Appreciation letter by Director HCST for best result.|
|Awards||Best Technical article in college annual magazine.|
|5||Dr. Nishant K. Singh||Journals (SCI/SCOPUS)||Nishant K. Singh, Pulak M. Pandey, K.K. Singh EDM with air assisted multi-hole rotating tool” Journal of Materials and Manufacturing Process (Taylor and Francis), DOI:10.1080/10426914.2015.1127954|
|Journals (SCI/SCOPUS)||Nishant K. Singh, Pulak M. Pandey, K.K. SinghExperimental Investigation and Analysis of Argon Assisted Perforated Electrodes” Journal of Materials and Manufacturing Process (Taylor and Francis), DOI: 10.1080/10426914.2016.1221079|
|Journals (SCI/SCOPUS)||Yahvir Singh, Nishant K. Singh Dirt analysis on the performance of an engine cooling system” Journal of Energy in Southern Africa. Vol. 24 No 4. November 2013|
|Journals (SCI/SCOPUS)||Yashvir Singh, Ashish Kumar Pandey, Nishant Kumar Singh, Abhishek Sharma, Abid Farooq Sustainability of polanga oil based blended lubricant at different load and sliding distance, Energy source part A: Recovery, Utilization, and Environmental Effects (Taylor and Francis), Vol. 39, No. 19, 1970-1977|
|Journals (SCI/SCOPUS)||Nishant K. Singh, Pulak M. Pandey, K.K. Singh, Manish Sharma Steps towards green manufacturing through EDM process: A review” Journal of Cogent Engineering (Taylor and Francis), DOI: 10.1080/23311916.2016.1272662|
|Journals (SCI/SCOPUS)||Nishant K Singh Anand PorasElectrical Discharge Drilling of D3 Die Steel using Air Assisted Rotary Tubular Electrode” Published in Materials Today: proceedings XX (2017), Elsevier (Scopus), March, 2017.|
|Journals (SCI/SCOPUS)||Nishant K Singh, Yashvir Singh Experimental Investigation and Modeling of Surface Finish in Argon-Assisted Electrical Discharge Machining Using Dimensional Analysis. Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, pp. 1-12.|
|Journals (SCI/SCOPUS)||Nishant K Singh , R Prasad, Dilip Johari Electrical Discharge Drilling of Al-SiC Composite using Air Assisted Rotary Tubular Electrode” accepted in Materials Today: proceedings XX (2017), Elsevier (Scopus), 2017|
|Journals (SCI/SCOPUS)||Nishant K Singh, Pulak M Pandey, KK Singh A semi-empirical model to predict material removal rate during air-assisted electrical discharge machining, Journal of the Brazilian Society of Mechanical Sciences and Engineering Vol 41 (3) pp. 122|
|Book Chapter||Book Chapter DESIGN OF VAR SYSTEM USING WASTE HEAT RECOVERY OF DIESEL GENSET, LAMBERT, Academic Publishing. ISBN- 978-3-8443-1803-6|
|Book Chapter||Book Chapter Performance Study of Gas-Assisted Electric Discharge Machining on Carbon–Chromium Die Steel, Advances in Industrial and Production Engineering (Springer Nature), DOI: 10.1007/978-981-13-6412-9_74|
|Book Chapter||Book Chapter Heat Transfer and Friction Characteristics of an Artificially Roughened Solar Air Heater, Advances in Fluid and Thermal Engineering, Springer Nature DOI: 10.1007/978-981-13-6416-7_57|
|7||Mr. R. Prasad||Patent||Patent: Application No. 201921021839 Present invention relates to an apparatus for heat hardening of iron pellets. Furthermore, the invention also relates to a process for heat hardening of iron pellets in the apparatus of the invention|
|Journals (SCI/SCOPUS)||Award Best Third Paper in 17th International Seminar on Mineral Processing Technology(MPT-2018),October 2018,IIT(ISM) Dhanbad|
|Journals (SCI/SCOPUS)||R.Prasad, Kapil Gupta ,Mahesh Dhakar ,Naresh Kumar , “Study of Surface Morphology & Crystallography Of Iron Ore Pellets”, Journal of Metallurgy and Materials Science 2019|
|Journals (SCI/SCOPUS)||R. Prasad, N K Singh , D johari ,D Singh , A Sharma, “An Experimental and Statistical Analysis of Double Slope Single Basin Solar Still in Active and Passive Mode with Different Water Depth” Int. J.Materials Todays|
|Journals (SCI/SCOPUS)||R. Prasad, A S Yadav, N K Singh,D Johari, “Heat Transfer and Friction Characteristics of an Artificially Roughened Solar Air Heater” Advances In Fluid And Thermal Engg”(2018)DOI:10.1007/978-981-13-6416-7;ISBN978-981-13-6416-7;ISSN:2195-4356|
|Journals (SCI/SCOPUS)||N K Singh, R. Prasad, Y. Singh , D Johari, “Performance Study Of Gas Assisted Electric Discharge Machining On Carbon-Chromium Die Steel” Advances in Industrial and Production Engg.(2018)DOI:10.1007/978-981-13-6412-9;ISSN2195-4356;ISBN:978-981-13-6411-2|
|Journals (SCI/SCOPUS)||Nishant K.Singh,R.Prasad,DilipJohari “Electrical Discharge Drilling of Al-Sic Composite Using Air Assisted Rotary Tubular Electrode” Int. J.Materials Todays ,Volume 5, Issue 11, Part 3, (2018), Pages 23769-23778|
|Journals (SCI/SCOPUS)||Yashvir Singh, Nishant Kr. Singh, R. Prasad, Hemant Kr. Nayak “Performance Analysis Of Supercharging Of Two Wheelers”, International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology (IJMET), ISSN 0976 – 6340(Print) ISSN 0976 – 6359 Volume 2 Issue 2, (2011), pp. 63-69|
|Award||Best Third Paper in 17th International Seminar on Mineral Processing Technology(MPT-2018),October 2018,IIT(ISM) Dhanbad|
|8||Mr. Dilip Johri||Journals (SCI/SCOPUS)||Paper titled, “Electrical Discharge Drilling of Al-Sic Composite Using Air Assisted Rotary Tubular Electrode” has been published in International Journal of Materials Today Volume 5, Issue 11, Part 3, 2018, Pages 23769-23778|
|Journals (SCI/SCOPUS)||Paper titled, “Analysis of various Ergonomic Hazards of Indian workers”, has been published in January 2016 in the International Journal of advances in Engineering Science and Technology, Volume 5, Number 1, 2016, 28-32. ISSN: 2319-1112|
|Journals (SCI/SCOPUS)||Paper titled, “Design of an Ecofriendly Air conditioning system using Evacuated tube solar”, has been published in August 2013 in International Journal, of Environmental Research and Development, Volume 3, Number 8, 2013, 83-88. ISSN 2249-3131.|
|Journals (SCI/SCOPUS)||Paper titled, “Effect of variation in tilt angle on the performance of a solar water heater using evacuated tube solar collector”, has been published in March 2013 special issue of the International Journal, of Applied Engineering Research, Volume 8, Number 3, 2013, 37-40. ISSN 0973-4562.|
|9||Mr. Rajvardhan||Journals (SCI/SCOPUS)||Experimental study and parameter optimization of hybrid electrical discharge machining “international journal of engineering and technology 7(3.12)(2018)1161-1167|
|10||Mr. Shailendra Kumar Chaurasia||Journals (SCI/SCOPUS)||Shailendra Chaurasia ,Nishant K. Singh , Rakesh Prasad , Puneet Mangla , “Influence of Flushing Techniques on EDM Performance|
- Department has started an association of mechanical engineering students MESAlong ago under which the students of the department organize various technical and cultural events.
- Our student Samarth Agarwal secured 20thuniversity rank in UPTU examinations in 2014.
- Our student Sanyam Kalsotra secured 1stposition in National Student Space Challenge 2013, organized by IIT Kharagpur.
- Our final year student Shyam Sunder Singhwon gold medal in National Arm Wrestling Championship.
- Our final year student Dushyant Singhwon silver medal in National Arm Wrestling Championship.
- Every year, large numbers of students qualify the GATE / MAT /CAT / GRE / TOEFL with good scores.
- Our student Gaurav Gautam has secured 8thposition in NCC sports activities Combined Annual Training Camp (CATC 33) which was organized by 10 UP battalion, during 16th – 26th August 2014.
- Gaurav Gautam was also awarded as Best Athlete of the college in year the 2013 and the award was presented by Shri Ashok Chakradhar, Ex. Olympiad.
- Every year students win various positions in Innovation Day Competitions being organized by the College.
- Organized a Enterprenaurship Awareness Camp (EAC) On 26-27 Feb 2020 Under DST NIMAT Project
- Organized a special talk by Dr. P Sarkar, IIT(ISM) ,Dhanbad on “Solid Mechanics In 2020.”
- Organized a special lecture of Dr. Vimlesh Kumar Soni, MANIT, Bhopal on “Quality Function Deployment and Entrepreneurship Skills” in 2014.
- Organized a special lecture on “Hybrid Machining-Integration of EDM and ECM” by Dr. P M Pandey, Associate Professor, Deptt. Of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Delhi in 2012.
- Organized a workshop on “Personality Development and Soft Skills required in the Industry” by Pawas Sharma, Asst. Manager, Volvo Eicher Commercial Vehicles Ltd., Indore in August 2014.
- Organized a workshop on “Application of CAD Software and GDNT in Manufacturing of Products” by Ashutosh Sikarwar, Asst. Manager, JCB Ltd., Faridabad in October 2014.
- Organized a seminar on “Micro Machining” by Dr. P M Pandey, Associate Professor, Deptt. Of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Delhi in 2013.
- Organized a seminar on “Agility and Integration of Supply Chains” by Dr. Ashish Agarwal, Associate Professor, Deptt. Of Mechanical Engineering, SOET, IGNOU Delhi in 2013.
- Organized “National Conference on Recent Advances in Mechanical Engineering” in June 2012
- Organized “National Conference on Recent Trends in Manufacturing Technology” in Jan 2007
|Session||Date||Target Audience||Title||No. of attendees||Name of Organization||Resource Person|
|2016-17||10 Jul 2017||Faculty members from HCST and other institutes||I.C. Engines and compressors||27||HCST||Speakers from various institutions|
|2018-19||02 Jul 2018||Faculty members from HCST and other institutes||Manufacturing Science and technology||32||HCST||Speakers from various institutions|
|2019-2020||15 Jul 2019||Faculty members from HCST and other institutes||Strength of Material||30||HCST||Speakers from various institutions and HCST|
- POLYMER HOUSE INDUSTRIAL VISIT
- INDUSTRIAL VISIT TO LAGHU-JAL VIDUT UTPADAN KENDRA
- INDUSTRIAL VISIT TO LARJI JALVIDYUT PARIYOJANA
- INDUSTRIAL VISIT TO HMT TRACTOR AND MACHINE TOOL FACTORY
Anshul Verma (2001-05 )
Anshul Verma (2001-05 )
Anshul Verma (2001-05 )
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized (subject to certain rules and regulations
The club also acts as a forum to improve one’s communication skills, expressivity and critical thinking power. Various enjoyable events are conducted under this club which not only entertain but also enrich our understanding of various different cultures and practices and introduce us to new exotic art forms from around the globe!
The National Cadet Corps is the youth wing of Armed Forces with its Headquarters at New Delhi, Delhi, India. It is open to school and college students on voluntary basis. National Cadet Corps is a Tri-Services Organisation, comprising the Army, Navy and Air Wing, engaged in grooming the youth of the country into disciplined and patriotic citizens. The National Cadet Corps in India is a voluntary organisation which recruits cadets from high schools, higher secondary, colleges and universities all over India. The Cadets are given basic military training in small arms and parades. The officers and cadets have no liability for active military service once they complete their course.
Cricket is a bat-and-ball game played between two teams of eleven players on a field at the centre of which is a 20-metre (22-yard) pitch with a wicket at each end, each comprising two bails balanced on three stumps. The batting side scores runs by striking the ball bowled at the wicket with the bat, while the bowling and fielding side tries to prevent this and dismiss each player (so they are "out"). Means of dismissal include being bowled, when the ball hits the stumps and dislodges the bails, and by the fielding side catching the ball after it is hit by the bat, but before it hits the ground. When ten players have been dismissed, the innings ends and the teams swap roles. The game is adjudicated by two umpires, aided by a third umpire and match referee in international matches. They communicate with two off-field scorers who record the match's statistical information.
Mechanical Engineering Department is the biggest department of Hindustan College of Science & Technology, Farah, Mathura. As we all know “Mechanical Always Dynamic” this sentence is valid for the faculty as well as the students of this Department. Keeping this in mind, In the year of 2000, our department had developed an association of the students i.e. MESA. MESA is the Mechanical Engineering Students Association. This is the first student association of HCST.
Apart from the study, MESA organizes various activities in the field of Technical symposium (like Technical paper presentation, Quiz, Model presentation etc.) Cultural programs (like Farewell party, Teacher’s Day celebration, Dandiya Nite and Devi Jagran etc.) and sports activities (Cricket, football and other sports). MESA annually organizes the Vishvakarma Puja at a very large scale.
All the activities are organized by the students under guidance of the faculty coordinator. MESA also organizes various Industry-Interaction programs, Alumni - Interaction and guest lectures time to time.
MESA has organized Industry-Interaction programs and guest lecture by Roop Polymers, Gurgaon; Ashok Leyland, Alwar; JBM, Gurgaon; Aptron, Noida and Sofcon India Pvt. Ltd, Noida and Alumni - Interaction Program by Mr. Pawas Sharma (Sr. Engineer) Mahindra & Mahindra, Chennai and Mr. Abhinav Kumar (Scientist) C.S.I.R., Chandigarh.
SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) Collegiate Club at HCST is one of the biggest and most popular clubs.
All efforts are on now with a single minded purpose to propel the automotive engineering profession by focusing on three trends occurring in the automotive industry today that affect all automotive engineers and engineering societies. The first of these trends is simultaneous engineering the integration of the roles of design engineer, manufacturing engineer, supplier, marketer, and planner. The second trend is the increased reliance of auto manufacturers on suppliers and design houses to support the design and manufacturing functions. A third factor crucial to an internationalized auto industry is standards as communication, as a basis for regulation, and as an aid to interchangeability.
It is an exhilarating experience to drive a self-made vehicle. The fun of making an All-Terrain Vehicle and driving it on rough terrains is unmatched.
SAEINDIA is India's leading resource for mobility technology. As an individual member-driven society of mobility practitioners the ownership of SAEINDIA wrests with its members who are Individuals from the mobility community, which includes Engineers Executives from Industry, Government Officials, Academics and Students.
SAEINDIA is a strategic alliance partner of SAE International registered in India as an Indian nonprofit engineering and scientific society dedicated to the advancement of mobility industry in India.